We're always seeking to connect with great talent! Our team is continually matching outstanding opportunities with the right people. As we provide Executive & Professional Search services to the organizations we partner with, we help highly qualified leaders and professionals achieve their desired career goals.
It’s simple. Please upload your resume along with a summary of your experience and goals here. If your seeking to simply register with our agency please remit your resume to email@example.com. The information you share with us will be held completely confidential.
Please note: We carefully review every resume submitted. We will confirm via email and add your information to our candidate database. Our practice associates will contact you if we require further information or should suitable opportunities arise.
Corporate Controller (Mark to Market Grain Experience Required)
Our client is a well-established grain company in the US with an excellent opportunity for advancement internally.
This position manages the grain accounting and IT department and functions which provides information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management of the trading department and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. This position will maintain a positive and forthright attitude that promotes teamwork and a favorable public image.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Four-year degree in accounting required but equivalent work experience and education may be considered.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience and solid foundation of accounting principles.
- Ten (10) years or greater experience in commodity-based Mark to Market accounting, strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Detail Oriented
- Proven and effective leadership and interpersonal skills; must support a team-oriented approach for the Company;
- Demonstrate capacity to excel within high risk, high stress, and fast-paced work environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of grain accounting, grain logistics, and facility-level operations
- Responsible for Inventory management and oversight;
- Manages daily activities of the grain accounting department including timely processing of grain accounts receivable/payable, systems and controls;
- Continuously evaluates and recommends improvements to grain and financial accounting systems, policies and controls;
- Understands Grain Elevator management activities to protect the company’s financial well- being;
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhances the company’s value;
- Monitors and evaluates company’s risk exposure;
- Evaluates daily activity for completeness and accuracy;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company’s Policy and Control Manuals;
- Oversees freight accounting and related control systems;
- Ensures warehouse licensing and compliance are timely and accurate;
- Participates in a variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports;
- Encourages an environment which fosters teamwork and continuous improvement.