We're always seeking to connect with great talent! Our team is continually matching outstanding opportunities with the right people. As we provide Executive & Professional Search services to the organizations we partner with, we help highly qualified leaders and professionals achieve their desired career goals.
It’s simple. Please upload your resume along with a summary of your experience and goals here. If your seeking to simply register with our agency please remit your resume to email@example.com. The information you share with us will be held completely confidential.
Please note: We carefully review every resume submitted. We will confirm via email and add your information to our candidate database. Our practice associates will contact you if we require further information or should suitable opportunities arise.
Cannery Plant Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead factory to sustainable high performance in alignment with the requirements of the business.
- Business objectives and performance goals are documented in the Operational Master Plan which the Plant Manager would assist in developing.
- The Plant Manager position is responsible for operations of a 24/7 facility. Major areas of focus in the facility include safety, quality, development of a team, production targets, development and adherence to budget, maintenance, and other production-related activities as the need arises.
- Plan, organize and lead the factory team to achieve the agreed objectives (safety, environment, quality, cost and service).
- Proactively drive focused improvement.
- Responsible to effectively drive, sustainable implementation initiatives via hands on leadership, coaching and teamwork.
- Collaborate with peer factory managers to share best practices to further drive continuous improvement.
- Responsible for supporting the evolution of the safety culture, empowering employees and reducing work related injuries and illnesses.
- Works with the team on safety improvements and incident reporting to ensure we are a safe facility putting our people first.
- Ensure adherence to all Company principles and policies as well as local laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance to health, food safety and regulatory requirements of all products manufactured. Supports and improves on internal and external audit results through their team.
- Works directly with Production Managers and Shift Leaders to ensure that all PMP, HACCP, GMP and Good Housekeeping practices are followed.
- Provides resources and coaching to the team to support regulatory and internal compliance.
- Ensure development of factory management team and staff - through performance management, career development and coaching.
- Ensure that this is reflected by other managers within the factory.
- Ensure smooth operations by effectively managing Employee and Industrial Relations. Build and maintain positive relations.
- Monitors and controls plant operating budget.
- Develop options and strategies for improved manufacturing, equipment, and business results.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote efficient and cost effective work practices and monitor and analyze work practices and cost factors within the plant and manufacturing team.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on key metrics.
- Communication of results to their team and to leadership and development of plans for continuous improvement against the goals.
- Development and execution of short and long term goals for your people and the factory to continue the growth and development of the organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Must be passionate about their people, consumers, products and community and display a caring attitude.
- Must be totally committed to the manufacture of safe and compliant products.
- Must display a strong work ethic, integrity and total honesty.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate total quality in their approach.
- Ability to lead capital and continuous improvement projects through a cross functional team and/or with contractors. Development and execution of cost saving projects for the facility.
- Line management with demonstrated capability to lead a larger group and capable of coaching and development of team members.
- Proven track record in delivering results through others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point are preferred.
- Essential duties require use of these programs for reporting and training purposes.
- This position requires the ability to read and write fluently.
- Bi-lingual is a plus but not required
- Management exposure across several functions preferred.
Experience: 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing, transportation, logistics, military and/or warehouse environment. Strong knowledge of safety, environmental and quality regulations. Shows progressively increase responsibilities in their work history.