We're always seeking to connect with great talent! Our team is continually matching outstanding opportunities with the right people. As we provide Executive & Professional Search services to the organizations we partner with, we help highly qualified leaders and professionals achieve their desired career goals.
It’s simple. Please upload your resume along with a summary of your experience and goals here. If your seeking to simply register with our agency please remit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information you share with us will be held completely confidential.
Please note: We carefully review every resume submitted. We will confirm via email and add your information to our candidate database. Our practice associates will contact you if we require further information or should suitable opportunities arise.
Vice President of Research & Development - Skincare
Natural and nontoxic luxury skincare brand is seeking an experienced and innovative Vice President of Research & Development to lead and grow their innovation team, processes and program.
The Vice President of R&D is responsible for leading the R&D functions and teams to deliver the latest, trendsetting innovations in skincare, cosmetics and aromatherapy throughout the luxury brand. This role will develop the R&D team, programs and processes. Additionally, this role will oversee and lead international regulatory for all product categories.
Key Success Factors:
- Direction and management of the R&D personnel, formulation of new products, design and execution of product testing, data management, and analysis and technical support for other functional groups.
- Prepare laboratory batches or supervises preparation on an as needed basis for stability sampling, safety testing, preservative efficacy testing, claim/clinical testing, marketing evaluation and mock-ups for Retail and PR.
- Conduct appropriate stability/compatibility testing to ensure formula and/or formula package robustness.
- Maintain accurate records of all formulae development, physical testing and specifications.
- Create, review and approve technical documents to support developmental projects (i.e. Ingredient Statements, Specifications, Content Disclosures, Cost Formula, Manufacturing Formula Cards, patents, etc.).
- Develop robust manufacturing processes for development projects in conjunction with the processing team. Active participation in pilot plant/scale-up activities.
- Support manufacturing/compounding in all project introductions. Serve as a technical advisor to Manufacturing and QC as needed.
- Develop specifications and standards for new and/or reformulated product ensuring product quality.
- Provide technical assistance related to product formula to support departments as required
- Source, evaluate, and approve new and/or alternate raw materials.
- Keep informed on industry trends, equipment, facilities, materials and procedures used for the manufacturing of OTC and cosmetic dosage forms.
- Evaluate new processing methods, equipment and materials in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Prepare clear and concise status and summary reports on projects.
- Assign and prioritize projects for direct reports.
- Serve as R&D representative on cross-functional project teams.
- Direct and oversee international regulatory program.
- History of high-level performance exhibited in a leadership role in Product Development with 10 years of experience in the development of beauty products from concept to launch.
- Proven innovation experience in the development of body, skin, and /or color cosmetics is a must.
- Demonstrated experience leading creative and innovative teams via established and reliable processes and producing results against aggressive timetables.
- Experience working and thriving in an entrepreneurial and creativity driven environment.
- Skilled in implementing strategic initiatives.
- Strong relationship building abilities.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Awareness of and interest in trends and lifestyle aspects that influence the hair industry such as fashion, cosmetics, and social trends.
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
- International regulatory experience is a must. Asian market experience is preferred.
- Highly visible role = great rewards!
- Competitive salary and full benefits package.
- Bonus incentive.
- Career defining opportunity.
- Relocation assistance as needed.