We're always seeking to connect with great talent! Our team is continually matching outstanding opportunities with the right people. As we provide Executive & Professional Search services to the organizations we partner with, we help highly qualified leaders and professionals achieve their desired career goals.
It’s simple. Please upload your resume along with a summary of your experience and goals here. If your seeking to simply register with our agency please remit your resume to email@example.com. The information you share with us will be held completely confidential.
Please note: We carefully review every resume submitted. We will confirm via email and add your information to our candidate database. Our practice associates will contact you if we require further information or should suitable opportunities arise.
Senior Formulation Chemist - Skincare
Seeking an experienced Senior R&D Chemist for a unique leadership opportunity that combines formulation and regulatory in one position with a growing and reputable skincare and cosmetics manufacturer. My client manufacturers cosmetic and skincare products for top brands. They are seeking a strong formulator to oversee the formulation and classification of products.
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- Full benefits package.
- Opportunity to lead teams and projects.
- High visibility = high rewards and career development opportunity!
- Relocation assistance provided if needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Oversee projects to ensure project scope and expectations are successfully managed and met.
- Communicate with customers to effectively understand project expectations and scope.
- Lead associate chemists and technicians, providing leadership, training and mentoring.
- Take ownership of projects and benchwork.
- Prepare the batches of formulas needed for submitting samples and reformulating them based on feedback.
- Understanding ingredient functionality as it pertains to the designated formula.
- Comprehend financial impact of product cost and how to develop cost-effective high-quality formulas in order to meet objectives along with pricing goals.
- Oversee the transfer of lab size formula/pilot batch to larger scale and assist as needed in the process of production batches.
- Provide troubleshooting activity in compounding/manufacturing for adjusting the batches to meet product specifications.
- Develop new formulations and products utilizing in-depth knowledge of protocols and restrictions per customer and per area they are providing the product at hand whether domestic or international.
- Document test results, specifications, procedures, etc…
- Strengthens the R&D department by contributing innovative ideas, expertise, knowledge, high professional standards, team spirit, and pride in the company.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related with a minimum of 5 years hands-on formulation experience in skincare R&D and 2 years in a lead or project ownership role.
- Strong research and laboratory skills.
- Critical thinker and self-starter.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral. Must speak and write English.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact, and excel in a cross-functional team with other staff members, vendors/chemical suppliers, customers, etc...
- Project-oriented - Experienced in managing and facilitating projects, meet project scope and expectations with minimal supervision.