We're always seeking to connect with great talent! Our team is continually matching outstanding opportunities with the right people. As we provide Executive & Professional Search services to the organizations we partner with, we help highly qualified leaders and professionals achieve their desired career goals.
It’s simple. Please upload your resume along with a summary of your experience and goals here. If your seeking to simply register with our agency please remit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information you share with us will be held completely confidential.
Please note: We carefully review every resume submitted. We will confirm via email and add your information to our candidate database. Our practice associates will contact you if we require further information or should suitable opportunities arise.
Plant Manager (Flour)
**Flour Milling Experience Required**
JOB TITLE: Plant Manager
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Milling
This person is primarily responsible for effectively leading and managing all site functions including employee safety, milling production, quality, customer service, regulatory compliance, profitability, our employees and the culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB NDUTIES:
- Plant Operations
maintenance, labor relations, government relations and process improvement.
- Manage plant activities to ensure efficient mill performance including but not limited to safety, yield, capacity, efficiency, process control, waste, timely shipments, sanitation,
- Manage production deadlines with customer expectations.
- Develop and oversee implementation of budgets for manufacturing costs, supplies and repairs. Work with maintenance to monitor production equipment inventory.
- Purchase and direct the logistics of milling quality wheat; coordinate the least cost utilization of wheat to meet customer’s specifications.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts by identifying and eliminating wasteful activities.
Sanitation, Process Control, Quality Control, General Plant Inspections, Good
- Manage process associated with Company Quality Assurance Systems – Safety,
Housekeeping, GMPs and HACCP Plans.
- Act as the last line of defense for quality control when the manufactured goods arrive to customer.
- Communicate and educate processes and expectations to team.
- Execute employee and work place safety programs.
- Customer Service
- Communicate with customers and transportation providers as needed to ensure overall satisfaction with products and service provided by the company.
- Employee Relations
- Lead company culture by example. Motivate team utilizing trust, communication, and employee involvement.
- Implement effective work schedules. Manage and approve time keeping system.
- Develop effective plant organizational structure to ensure adequate personnel and recruiting including labor relations (in union locations). Manage the hiring process, move request systems, and new hire training process.
- Monitor and evaluate the training, development and performance of your team.
This position will require some travel. Heavy manufacturing environment and includes on=site work space or office.
- Traits and Abilities:
- The ability to manage and motivate a team creating a positive work environment
- Thrives on driving continuous improvement
- Expert at providing feedback at various levels on a regular basis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Ability to manage projects and work under the stress of deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret written business/statistical data
- Related Experience/Educational Level:
- 10+ Years in manufacturing environment
- 5+ Years in manufacturing operations management role
- Experience in a union facility a plus
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in milling science or related field is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office software
- History of proven career progression and driving continuous improvement projects.
- Licenses/Certifications: None required.